Job Opportunity Announcement: We are Hiring Project Managers!
May 4, 2016
We are currently accepting applications for the opportunity to join our team as a project manager and estimator.
We’re looking for a project manager and estimator who wants to join a great commercial construction team in Ohio.
Mid-City Electric has been performing electrical and teledata construction for 58 years, and our portfolio of work includes major hospitals, nationally recognized research institutions, major distribution centers, and more. Nationwide Children’s Hospital, National Veterans Memorial and Museum, and Superior Beverage are just a few of the facilities that we have completed. Our service division is immense, with a fleet of 40+ service electricians who manage emergency service and routine maintenance for a robust list of clients. And we’re growing. In fact, we recently moved to a completely renovated space in Westerville to accommodate that growth. We want to hire an experienced project manager and estimator who is eager to go after new work and take care of their customers. We want someone who not only is ready to grow with us, but looking for a company where they can make a real and significant impact.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable pursuing work in competitive bid and qualification-based environments, and have experience preparing bid pricing, budgets, and request for proposal submissions. This person will be a part of our project management and estimating team, and be responsible for bidding new work and managing a continuous client base in various markets. The person we are looking for has at least three years of project management and estimating experience in construction, with preference given to candidates with an electrical background. We also would love to see LEED AP Certification, a Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent (such as completion of an electrical apprenticeship).
Our project manager’s responsibilities include:
· Estimate and bid opportunities from current and prospective clients
· Manage all aspects of their construction project, from project start-up to close-out
· Mange current customer base while balancing the constant pursuit of upcoming work
· Review scope of work including type of work, materials, and project schedules
· Use established estimating software, procedures, and standards
· Participating in pre-bid, bid-review, and construction meetings
· Participate in preparing for and presenting at shortlist interviews in front of Owners and Construction Managers
· Track job costs and document necessary estimating and project management processes
We also need someone who is proficient with computer software programs, project management software, Accubid, and MS Office Suite.
If you’re interested, send resumes to Ryan Dew, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get an inside look at what it’s like to work for Mid-City?