We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Manager with a minimum of five years of experience in purchasing or a related field. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the electrical construction industry and respective market trends. This well-organized person will be expected to:
- Represent the company in negotiating contracts and communicating policies with suppliers.
- Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints.
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Resolve vendor or contractor objections.
- Handle complaints, settle disputes, resolve grievances and conflicts, or negotiate with vendors.
- Control purchasing department budget.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Administer online purchasing systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree and experience with all Microsoft Office applications, as well as prior experience in the electrical construction industry, is highly preferred.
If interested, complete job application and submit resume to Ryan Dew, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager/Estimator with a minimum of three years of experience in project management and estimating in electrical construction. This highly ethical person always operates from integrity and makes decisions that are truthful, fair, and includes all interests.
This well-organized and prepared person will be responsible for reviewing the scope of electrical construction work including type of work, materials, project schedule and duration including defining the responsibilities for the project; using established estimating procedures and standards; coordinating and evaluating feedback from other areas of the company, project owner, and architect during the project’s construction process; participating in pre-bid, bid-review, and construction meetings; tracking job costs; providing for proper documentation of estimating and project management processes; and having a strong desire to be self-managed. This person must have at least three years of project management and estimating experience in electrical construction, and be proficient with computer software estimating programs, proficient with MS Office Suite, email, internet, and project management software. It is preferred that this responsive person have LEED AP Certification, a Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent (electrical apprenticeship), and actual field work experience in electrical construction and be highly proficient with Accubid estimating software.
If interested, submit resumes to Ryan Dew, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mid-City Electric is committed to equal opportunity employment and providing a work environment free of all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
To meet this goal, all qualified employees and prospective employees are recruited, selected, and trained without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, marital status, disability, national origin, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status. All applicants are carefully screened and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, experiences, growth potential, and previous work record.