Senior Project Manager & Estimator
We are looking for someone to join our team who is pursuing a customer-facing project management and estimating position in the commercial construction industry. The ideal candidate will be comfortable pursuing work in competitive bid and qualification-based environments, and have experience preparing bid pricing, budgets, and request for proposal submissions. This person will be a part of our project management and estimating team, and be responsible for bidding new work and managing a continuous client base in various markets. The ideal candidate will be well-organized, have a strong desire to be self-managed, and thrive in deadline driven work environments. Project Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Estimate and bid opportunities from current and prospective clients
- Manage all aspects of your construction project, from project start-up to close-out
- Mange current customer base while balancing the constant pursuit of upcoming work
- Review scope of work including type of work, materials, and project schedule
- Use established estimating software, procedures, and standards
- Participating in pre-bid, bid-review, and construction meetings
- Participate in preparing for and presenting at short list interviews in front of Owners and Construction Managers
- Track job costs and document necessary estimating and project management processes
This person must have at least three years of project management and estimating experience in construction, with preference given to candidates with an electrical background. LEED AP Certification, a Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent (electrical apprenticeship) is also desired.
Proficiency with computer software programs, project management software, Accubid, and MS Office Suite required.
If interested, submit resumes to Ryan Dew, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mid-City Electric is committed to equal opportunity employment and providing a work environment free of all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
To meet this goal, all qualified employees and prospective employees are recruited, selected, and trained without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, marital status, disability, national origin, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status. All applicants are carefully screened and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, experiences, growth potential, and previous work record.