Construction Site Administrator
We’re looking for a Construction Site Administrator with 2 years of experience who wants to join one of the best commercial electrical construction firms in Central Ohio. As our Construction Site Administrator, you will participate in a variety of project administrative responsibilities such as managing subcontracts, the bidding process, change orders, cost management, and closeouts. We are looking for someone who will be the hub of the project team. Our Project Managers and Site Leaders rely on the organization and scheduling of all critical deadlines by the Administrator. This is a terrific opportunity to utilize your organizational and interpersonal communication skills while being a part of a collaborative team.
Mid-City Electric has been performing electrical and teledata commercial construction for almost 60 years, and our portfolio of work includes major hospitals, nationally recognized research institutions, major distribution centers, and much more. We have an immense electrical and teledata service division as well, with a fleet of 40+ techs who manage emergency service and routine maintenance for a robust list of clients in and around the city. Our team is rooted in a tradition of hard work and craftsmanship. We started as a family business back in 1960, and many of the individuals who work for us have a parent, or even grandparent, who started with the company as well. We’re expanding, and we’re looking for eager candidates who are excited about joining a hard-working, fun, fast-paced, and growing construction firm in the heart of Columbus, Ohio.
The Construction Site Administrator will work on-site at a large construction project and be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work Planning: Ability to plan and prioritize individual contributions and those of team members to achieve high-quality, timely results. Dependable and punctual for all work-related commitments.
- Relationships: Ability to earn respect through the credibility of construction knowledge and positive approach to problem solving. Ability to develop productive relationships within the project team, with contractors, and with design teams and clients.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, including excellent ability to identify and understand requirements of the project team and to participate in collaborative problem solving. Ability to write proposals, monthly reports, and other related project documentation.
- Detail Orientation: Ability to successfully ensure the accuracy of project documentation. Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Professionalism: Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor and appearance at all times and perform well under project constraints and deadlines.
- Computer Skills: Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) working knowledge of project management software. Willingness to test and implement new technologies as they become available.
- Math Skills: Solid numerical and analytical skills and ability to apply these skills to achieve accurate project budgeting and basic estimating for project scope changes.
- Learning Orientation: Must be willing to get job training for career advancement.
- Will perform additional assignments per the Assistant Project Leader’s direction.
- Maintain company sub‐contractor database; points of contact, universal sub‐contractor contracts, safety manuals, pre‐qualification forms; up to date insurance docs, W‐9.
- Call and then email sub‐contractors/prime contractors for the solicitation of proposals and bids for work in each division.
- Put together bid package docs; Request for Proposals, Construction Documents, Scope of Work, Alternates, project access information (parking, staging, site trailer, dumpsters)
- Setting up and maintaining project contact list and email groups
- Preparing conference room(s) for project meetings
- Filing and organizing the project file.
- Writing Change Orders, Meeting Minutes, Purchase Orders
- Review all contractor monthly draws and prepare spreadsheets for project draws
- Administrative and clerical tasks
- Setting up meetings for the Project Managers
- Obtaining project information; permitting requirements, utility connection fees, municipal right of ways, access agreements, etc.
- Assemble the project close out package; Warranties, material information, project ‘as‐builts’, equipment information, contractor contacts, maintenance agreements.
- 2 years in office administration, administrative assistance, clerical work, or construction document management
- Preference for candidates who have experience in construction management, project management, safety, communication, and ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding.
- Possess an understanding of zoning and permitting issues for the localities where Company does business.
- Ability to conceptualize the “big picture” from design/drawings, specifications, submittals, and other construction documents.
- Ability to work with customers and subcontractors and problem‐solve in a fast‐paced environment.
- Demonstrate an unusually high level of enthusiasm and commitment to the construction industry.
If interested, please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining how your qualifications match our needs through the application portal. For questions about the site safety manager position, please contact Sarah Logar at email@example.com. Thanks so much for considering a career at Mid-City!