As all of you know, the concern over the COVID-19 outbreak is growing. As our employee, your safety is always our first and highest priority. It is so important that we all take precautions during this sensitive time to maintain a healthy and safe working environment for you, as well as our customers and vendors. We want you and your families to know that we are taking this situation very seriously. To ensure the health and safety of everyone here at Mid-City, we have taken the following steps to address COVID-19, which adhere to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. Employees are directed to:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Stay home if you are experiencing a fever of 100.4 or greater.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and discard used tissues in the trash.
- Avoid those who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid shaking hands with others.
- Do not travel when sick.
- Report any health concern or condition observed in the workplace to the Human Resources Department.
- Use telephone and video conferencing instead of face-to-face meetings as much as possible during this outbreak. IT support services are available to employees who need assistance with this technology.
Please refer to the CDC website for more information on testing protocol.
In addition to the directives above, Mid-City Electric is implementing a non-essential business travel suspension policy. Full details on our travel policy can be found HERE.
Employees are directed to report itineraries of planned or recent international personal travel plans to the Human Resources Department prior to travel to evaluate return to work policies.
Please use this form to report travel information. Report Travel Form.
All personnel are asked to immediately update their contact information using the following form so important information can be shared. Update Contact Information Form.
All personnel are also asked to complete a daily site entry form. Daily Site Entry Form
While we may not be able to completely prevent this outbreak from impacting our operations, we are highly focused on minimizing any impact to our customers and partners while dedicating our first priority to the safety or our employees and workplaces.
Again, our highest priority is your health and safety. We will continue to update you on Mid-City precautions and procedures as further developments become available. We thank you in advance for your cooperation during this vulnerable time.