We’re looking for an experienced electrical estimator with 10+ years of experience who wants to join one of the best commercial electrical construction firms in Central Ohio.
As our estimator, you will be responsible for developing cost estimates for projects while working closely with the rest of our estimating team, project managers, and Director of Estimating.
Mid-City Electric has been performing electrical and teledata commercial construction for almost 60 years, and our portfolio of work includes major hospitals, nationally recognized research institutions, major distribution centers, and much more. We have an immense electrical and teledata service division as well, with a fleet of 40+ techs who manage emergency service and routine maintenance for a robust list of clients in and around the city. Our team is rooted in a tradition of hard work and craftsmanship. We started as a family business back in 1960, and many of the individuals who work for us have a parent, or even grandparent, who started with the company as well. We’re expanding, and we’re looking for eager candidates who are excited about joining a hard-working, fun, fast-paced, and growing construction firm in the heart of Columbus, Ohio.
- Review construction documents and understand the scope of work to bid.
- Execute take-offs of construction documents and structure cost breakdowns.
- Enter take-offs into Accubid.
- Obtain pricing for materials and bids from subcontractors.
- Prepare cost analysis by entering material, labor, equipment, subcontractor, and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
- Participate in design build and design assist process including preconstruction and value engineering activities.
- Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attend departmental meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 7-10 years previous estimating experience
- Proficient with software estimating programs, including Accubid
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Proficient with project management software
- LEED certification or actual field work experience in electrical construction are highly preferred.
If interested, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MID-CITY ELECTRIC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mid-City Electric is committed to equal opportunity employment and providing a work environment free of all forms of unlawful discrimination and harassment.
To meet this goal, all qualified employees and prospective employees are recruited, selected, and trained without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, marital status, disability, national origin, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status. All applicants are carefully screened and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, experiences, growth potential, and previous work record.