We’re looking for an experienced executive assistant with 3-5 years of experience who wants to join one of the best commercial electrical construction firms in Central Ohio.
As the executive assistant, you will report directly to the President and provide support in a one-on-one working relationship for both business and personal needs. The Executive Assistant will handle clerical tasks and prioritize correspondence, allowing the President to focus on decision-making and higher-level responsibilities. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, as well as be able to operate with a high level of confidentiality.
Mid-City Electric has been performing electrical and teledata commercial construction for almost 60 years, and our portfolio of work includes major hospitals, nationally recognized research institutions, major distribution centers, and much more. We have an immense electrical and teledata service division as well, with a fleet of 40+ techs who manage emergency service and routine maintenance for a robust list of clients in and around the city. Our team is rooted in a tradition of hard work and craftsmanship. We started as a family business back in 1960, and many of the individuals who work for us have a parent, or even grandparent, who started with the company as well. We’re expanding, and we’re looking for eager candidates who are excited about joining a hard-working, fun, fast-paced, and growing construction firm in the heart of Columbus, Ohio.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; scheduling conference calls; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas; and compiling documents for meetings.
- Works closely with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Manages a variety of special projects for the President, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Assists with highly confidential functions such as credit card usage, document organization and filing, and client information.
- Makes and screens phone calls, and manages the scheduling of personal and professional appointments.
- Reviews and organizes professional memberships, donations, and charitable contributions.
- Assists other departments when needs arise and time permits.
- 3-5 years of experience as an executive assistant
- Excellent organizational and clerical skills
- Exceptional customer service skills in person, over the phone, and via email
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and proactively
- Reliable, responsible, accountable, and resourceful
- Experience using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint