Site Safety Manager Job
We’re looking for a site safety manager with 3-5 years of experience who wants to join one of the best commercial electrical construction firms in Central Ohio. As our safety manager, you will work on-site at a large, complex project to implement safety regulations and training for our growing field force. Collaborating with and supporting our electricians, other safety professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, and vendors, this person will play a key role in ensuring safety and compliance throughout the job site.
Mid-City Electric has been performing electrical and teledata commercial construction for almost 60 years, and our portfolio of work includes major hospitals, nationally recognized research institutions, major distribution centers, and much more. We have an immense electrical and teledata service division as well, with a fleet of 40+ techs who manage emergency service and routine maintenance for a robust list of clients in and around the city. Our team is rooted in a tradition of hard work and craftsmanship. We started as a family business back in 1960, and many of the individuals who work for us have a parent, or even grandparent, who started with the company as well. We’re expanding, and we’re looking for eager candidates who are excited about joining a hard-working, fun, fast-paced, and growing construction firm in the heart of Columbus, Ohio.
The site safety manager will work on-site at a large construction project and be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provides safety support and information to field and corporate employees and contractors.
- Identifies company safety training needs and develops and coordinates safety training programs.
- Supports warehouse personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Updates and maintains corporate safety resource and reference material (e.g., videos, regulations, reference manuals).
- Promotes safety awareness through internal company communications and training programs.
- Participates in company occupational safety and health committee.
- Assists as necessary in the implementation of a risk communication program and preparation of reports.
- Reviews process and operating procedures/records and provides input for safety and health concerns.
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Provides support to corporate and warehouse personnel to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations.
- Audits practices and records of safety procedures to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations.
- Reviews injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
The successful candidate for this position will have a Bachelor’s Degree in safety or construction management, or a related field, and have at least three years of experience working onsite as a safety manager.
- OSHA 30, 510, and Construction Health and Safety Technician Certification (CHST)
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety operations for the protection of people, data, and property.
- The ability to recognize when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to use applicable information and individual judgment to determine whether procedures or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
- Ability to monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
If interested, please submit your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining how your qualifications match our needs through the application portal. For questions about the site safety manager position, please contact Sarah Logar at email@example.com. Thanks so much for considering a career at Mid-City!