Below are the CDC guidelines that explain what cloth masks are intended for, and how to properly use them in combination with social distancing:
Because you could spread COVID-19 to others even if you do not feel sick:
- Everyone should wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public (for example, to the grocery store or to pick up other necessities.)
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on young children under age 2, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- Do NOT use a face mask meant for a healthcare worker.
- Continue to keep about 6 feet between yourself and others. The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
- The CDC website has instructions on how to make your own mask.
Masks are readily available; please contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate delivery to your site.