Welcome, Site Safety Manager Jeff Rocks!
Jeff has been a great addition to our safety team. Here at Mid-City, Jeff is working on-site at a data center project overseeing the safety of all Mid-City employees on the job site. Jeff ensures that all PPE, procedures, and equipment are all adhering to the safety guidelines of the site, controlling contractor, and OSHA. With a very diverse professional background, Jeff brings a robust perspective to the safety team.
Originally from Chicago, Illinois, Jeff learned about construction at an early age. He took his first job out of high school as a welder and fork truck driver for General Motors. About eight years ago, Jeff transitioned into safety when he took a role at OhioHealth in Safety and Emergency Management.
At home and at work, Jeff has a very active lifestyle. He stays busy with his wife, three biological children, and two foster children. He coaches his son’s baseball teams, plays the drums, fishes, hunts, and just loves being outdoors. If he isn’t coaching, then you may find Jeff rooting for his favorite team, the Chicago Cubs!
We’re glad to have you Jeff-you Rock!
- Where are you from? Where do you live now?- Originally from Chicago Illinois. I have lived in Mount Gilead, Ohio for about 15 years.
- Where did you go to school? What did you study? I attended the College of Dupage in Illinois for general studies, and then later attended North Central State College in Mansfield. There, I started in nursing and later shifted to business administration. I also graduated from the North Central Ohio Fire Training Academy with my 240-hour Firefighter Level II Certification. I also have my state certification from the Ohio Fire Academy for fire safety inspector, as well as my state certification for EMT.
- Describe your work experience up until this point. What positions did you hold? What kind of work did you do? What company/companies did you work at? My first jobs out of high school were construction labor and production welding. I worked for General Motors for about 16 years as a fork truck driver. After leaving GM, I went on to work seven years in a long-term care facility as the Facilities Director for Atrium Living Centers. Most recently before Mid-City, I worked for OhioHealth for seven years in safety and emergency management.
- Describe your title and role here at Mid-City- My role for Mid-City is Site Safety Manager. I am currently assigned to a data center project and oversee the safety of Mid-City employees.
- What sparked your interest in your field?- Honestly, its something that started years ago and became something that I am very interested in and have grown in my knowledge and experience.
- What’s your favorite sport/team?- The Chicago Cubs (Die Hard Born and Raised)
- Other hobbies/interests?- Playing the drums, Fishing, Hunting, and the outdoors in general.
- Anything else you’d like to share? I coach baseball for my sons. My wife and I are foster parents. I have 3 biological children, 2 boys and a girl, and 2 foster boys who are siblings.