The Information We Collect
You do not have to give us personally identifiable information in order to access our Services. Â However, while using our Services, you may choose to search, complete a questionnaire, request a quote, complete an information request form, subscribe to our email list, ask us questions or otherwise communicate with us. Â In doing so, you may be required to provide us with personally identifiable information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, contact preferences, information relating to a support or service issue, or other information that may allow us to personally identify you.
Likewise, you may provide personally identifiable information if you download, register, use a software application, such as our employee portal, or link to social media sites.Â This information may include (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other identifying information, for example an invoice number; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you request a quote; (c) information you provide when you contact us for help; (e) information you enter into our system when using our website, such as contact information; and (f) in certain circumstances, your user name, password and profile information related to your social media accounts, such as Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest, or employee portal.
We do not collect information or track usage across devices.
How We Use the Information
We do not sell or rent your information to anyone.Â We share personally identifiable information collected through our Services only as described below.Â (Please see below for information on how to let us know if you do not want us to share your personal information.)
- Respond to Request or Inquiry:Â By submitting a request or inquiry online, you consent to being contacted by Mid-City or its business affiliates for marketing, informational and/or other similar or related purposes in connection with such inquiry or request. Â We may contact you by phone, email, mail, or otherwise based on the data you provide. Â Â This consent applies even if your phone number, email address or other data is on a corporate, federal, State, local or other do-not-contact type of list or directory (such as the U.S. National Do Not Call Registry). Â You are not required to provide this consent as a condition of purchasing any products or services from Mid-City or any affiliates.
- In-House Promotions:Â On occasion, we may combine information we receive through our Services with other information to enhance our marketing efforts.Â If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive or by contacting us with a request to remove your contact information (see How to Contact Us below).
- Sharing with Affiliates: We partner with affiliated businesses to provide specific services. Â We may share personally identifiable information with these affiliated businesses for the purposes of providing goods or services or to respond to an inquiry or request.Â These affiliated businesses will use such personally identifiable information only for the purpose of providing services, goods, or responses to inquiry or requests.Third parties cannot directly collect personally identifiable information through our Services.
- Protection of Our Services and Others:Â We reserve the right to release personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Mid-City, our users or others.
- With Your Consent:Â When you give us express consent to share your personally identifiable information.Â Express consent includes, for example, voluntarily opting-in to a list or service.
- Security:Â We, or a third party authorized by us, may collect information for security purposes.Â This data is anonymous and does not disclose any identity or personally identifiable information.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information so that we can analyze how our visitors use our site. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our site functions.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (e.g., such as your user name or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
We may use information collected from functional cookies to identify user behavior and to serve content based on the user profile. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or to record where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
- Analytics cookies: We use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our site. Cookies allow web analytics services to recognize your browser or device and, for example, identify whether you have visited our website before, when you last visited, what you have previously viewed or clicked on, and how you found us. The information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes, and it helps us to analyze patterns of user activity and to develop a better user experience.
- Google Analytics
Specifically, we use Google Analytics which employs cookies to analyze your use of the site. The information generated by these cookies, such as (without limitation) time, place, and frequency of your visits to our site, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google and stored there.Google may transfer this information to third parties to process this data on Google’s behalf or if required by law. Google states that it will in never associate your IP address with other data held by Google. You can prevent cookies from being installed by adjusting the settings on your browser software accordingly. Doing so, however, may limit your use of our website.Google Analytics also offers an add-on for most current browsers that allows you to prevent your data from being use by Google Analytics. This add-on can be found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. It does not, however, prevent information from being transmitted to us or to other web analysis services we may engage.
Google Analytics also uses electronic images known as web beacons to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used.
- Google Analytics
Social Media Links
California Do Not Track Notice
Mid-City does not track its customers over time and across third party websites and, therefore, does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, other sites do track your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your browser allows you to set the DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
Third parties that have content embedded on Mid-City’s websites, such as a social feature, may set cookies on your browser and/or obtain information about the fact that the web browser visited a specific Mid-City website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from Mid-City’s website.
Canada’s Anti-Spam Law
Commercial electronic messages (CEMs) such as text messages and emails that are sent from or accessed in Canada are governed by Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (CASL). CASL requires that any CEMs sent to Canadian recipients comply with certain consent and informational requirements (generally speaking, CASL prohibits sending CEMs to Canadian recipients without the prior consent of the recipient).Â Consent may either be implied (which is temporary) or express (which is permanent, unless and until withdrawn).Â Examples of implied consent to receive CEMs include you purchasing a good or service from us within the past two years; or you giving us your business card at a trade show.Â Examples of express consent include filling out a form on one of our websites where the form clearly states that you will receive CEMs from us. Â You have the right to withdraw your consent whether express or implied by contacting us at any time (see How to Contact Us below.)
Special Note for Parents
Our Services are intended for a general adult audience and are not designed for children, especially those age 13 and under. Â If we learn that information has been submitted by an individual age 13 or under without parental or guardian consent, we will immediately delete that information.Â If you believe we may have information from or about an individual age 13 or under, please contact us.Â (See How to Contact Us below.)
Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information
You may contact us at any time (See How to Contact Us below) to review, update, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We currently only share personal information with affiliated companies and only for the purpose of providing information or services requested by you.Â Please contact us if you prefer that we not share your information with anyone outside of Mid-City.Â Doing so, however, may compromise our ability to adequately respond to a request or inquiry.
We do not currently share personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties.Â However, you may also contact us to opt out should we ever begin this practice.
We have implemented measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss or disclosure, and from unauthorized access, use, alternation or disclosure.Â Â For example, all information is stored behind multiple layers of onsite and offsite hardware and software firewalls.Â Modern, one-way database encryption (called hash-mashing) is utilized as well as other methods of security.
How to Contact Us
Effective date:Â August 22, 2018.