Want to work for the top electrical construction company in Columbus? Mid-City Electric is hiring the best and brightest to join our growing team. There is no end in sight to the growth of our company and employee development. Our internship program is designed to provide college juniors/seniors with on-the-job experience that allows them to hit the ground running after graduation, preferably in a full-time career with us!
We offer our full-time employees 100% paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; company contributions to 401(k) automatically; a fantastic work environment; wellness programming and health coaching; fitness center on-site and so much more – why wouldn’t you want to work at Mid-City Electric?
Site Safety Intern
Site Safety Interns at Mid-City Electric work on-site at large, complex projects in central Ohio to support safety regulations and train our field associates. Collaborating with and supporting our electricians, other safety professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, and vendors; Site Safety Interns support our core value of SAFETY throughout the job site.
Our portfolio of work includes hospitals, nationally recognized research institutions, distribution centers, and data centers. We are trusted to tackle some of the largest and most complex jobs in the area – based on our reputation of getting the job done right and safely.
Safety Interns at Mid-City are responsible for:
- Assisting with project safety pre-plans, job hazard analysis, and investigation
- Working with site and contractor safety personnel to implement necessary safety corrective action(s)
- Assisting with training and onboarding of employees
- Conducting daily site inspections
- Supporting processes/operations of the Mid-City team
- Providing administrative/clerical support
- Assisting with incident reports
- Accomplishing safety projects and other tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a college junior or senior wanting to work 10-20 hours per week at a high-profile site in the central Ohio area. We can offer flexible scheduling to work around your classes. Preference will be given to candidates who are in construction, safety, or related degree programs.
For immediate consideration, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org