We have a full-service staff of talented electricians and technicians who can provide construction services within any commercial space. Serving the business community of Columbus since 1960, our team offers electrical and teledata solutions to companies within any market.
Service & Small Projects
Our service and small project department takes care of all our customers fast paced needs. We have one of the largest electrical service departments in Columbus made up of 50+ full-service Tech and Field vehicles and electricians. We are known throughout Columbus for resolving electrical emergencies.
- On-site electrical and data needs
- Transformer repairs
- Annual / Semi-annual / preventative maintenance
- Thermal scan
- Fiber optic troubleshooting / repair
- Low voltage needs including structured cable troubleshooting / repair
- Power quality metering
- Motor control
- EV charger installation
Design Assist / Build
A seamless transition from preconstruction to construction
Mid-City has extensive Design Assist / Build experience. With significant expertise in the design of modern electrical systems, including lighting, power, structured cabling, communications technology, and program distribution systems, we will offer valuable insights into how we can better achieve the Owner’s goals while maintaining budget, schedule, quality, and safety. Our process ensures that we involve all key stakeholders in planning so we maintain our target dates and achieve the project’s goals.
By utilizing Virtual Design Construction, our team will consider your project location, purpose, appearance, and potential LEED compliance efforts when crafting the electrical designs. We will also consult our prefab shop foreman to define how prefab could offer value-added benefits to this project. As a member of the Electrical Design Build Team, we will be an active participant and contributor throughout the design process.
Benefits of Our Process
- Conceptual design
- Performance specifications review
- Equipment application review
- Budget estimates at schematic design, design development, and construction document phases
- Design development review
- Equipment application review
- Systems and cost analysis
- Procurement analysis
- Cost-control analysis
Virtual Layout Construction (VLC) & Virtual Design Construction (VDC)
Our VLC & VDC departments are known for their attention to detail, generating a comprehensive set of VDC drawings with no gray areas or guesswork. With 11,000 square feet of in-house prefabrication space, our resources enhance project efficiency, saving you time and money up front.
Our innovative in-house prefabrication shop helps us increase efficiency while maintaining quality, providing a great deal of added value to our customers. Using our prefab shop for your project can improve quality, consistency, schedule, and productivity, and minimize waste and theft. Because our prefab services are provided by our own team, we have the flexibility to accommodate changes to the project’s needs as well because we are working with our own prefab foreman as opposed to an outside prefab supplier.
- Light fixture assemblies
- Inwall rough electric boxes with device and protective covers.
- Conduit bends in EMT and Rigid in all sizes and types.
- Complete skidding of ATS, power panels, and VFD’s mounted on powder coated steel frames.
- Strut support stands for any combination of control and power panels the customer needs.
- Supplemental steel and conduit / basket tray hangers.
- Nipple threading / sleeves in EMT, Rigid, IMC, AL
At Mid-City, we have one of the largest electrical service departments in Columbus, with nearly 40 service vehicles, 15 estimators and project managers with average experience of 20+ years, and approximately 400 field staff.
New Construction & Renovation
- Electrical System Design
- Installation of electrical service wiring and equipment, including secondary power transformers, electric panels, power, branch circuit wiring, lighting, receptacles, motor power system, power systems including power distribution, uninterrupted power supplies, and generators, transformers, and all wiring connections
- Installation of special systems including fire alarm, audio, security, parking, and temperature control
- Electrical service wiring for entrance equipment and secondary service distribution equipment
- High voltage wiring installation, termination, and splicing
- Electrical service outages
Our staff of fully trained and highly experienced technicians provide a full range of services including commercial, healthcare, industrial, manufacturing, retail, education, and government markets. We hold trusted partnerships with premier connectivity and cable manufacturers, which allows us to provide fully warranted systems to our customers for maximum performance and safety.
New Construction & Renovation
- Teledata system design
- Installation of structured cabling systems including Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a cabling, fiber optic cabling, single mode, laser optimized multi-mode, and multi-mode
- Outside plant cabling installation for various kinds of cabling including trenching, boring, and backfilling
- Data center installation
- Telecommunication rooms build-out, overhead cable support, data cabinets, and racks
- Building pathway installations including cable tray, wire mesh tray, ladder rack runway, and J-hook cable supports
- Copper and fiber optic cable splicing including fiber optic fusion splicing, copper cable 3M system splicing, splice cases and vaults
Our Partners Include
Mid-City has the expertise and experience to manage your needs. As a preferred installer, we partner with the most innovative brands to offer an extensive list of valued services. We offer turn-key installation of BAS/Temp Controls, Lighting Control, Access Control, CCTV, Alarm Monitor, Electrical Power Control, Fire Alarm, Security Automation, PA Systems.
Brands We Install:
- AGM Energy Services
- Commercial Facility Solutions (CFS)
- Comfort Systems (CSUSA)
- Johnson Controls (JCI)
- Martin Control Systems
- Schneider Electric
- And many more